6 comments

Comment from: Andy
Andy

You mentioned mindmapping software for the iPhone - well I’d recommend you check out iBlueSky which we launched a couple of months ago.

11/17/08 @ 04:33
Comment from:

iBlueSky is the one to get, per the reviews on the App Store and elsewhere

11/17/08 @ 05:36
Comment from:

I purchased iBluesky for mindmapping on the iPhone. My initial impressions are good. I’m looking forward to version 1.1 and the promised ability to import mindmaps from the desktop.

11/19/08 @ 02:31
Comment from: Mr. Reeee
Mr. Reeee

I’m another long time Brainforest user STUCK using my Palm!

I’m just trying to figure out a way to EXPORT all my Brainforest files, so I can move to a modern iPhone/Mac equivalent. Having a Mac desktop version is essential, one of the main selling points for the essentially defunct Brainforest!

Any Export suggestions?

Besides OmniFocus, which I’ve tried to like, but don’t really… I found Things and Life Balance which seem to do about the same things as OmniFocus, but with less fuss.

03/02/09 @ 10:10
Comment from:

I’ve been looking at Outliner on the AppStore for a long time now. It does now import OPML via their outliner online service. They don’t have a desktop app, only their web service. I imagine that one could continue to use the Brainforest desktop app, and manually import/export, but that’s more pain then I want in a process that is geared towards enhancing productivity ;)

iBlueSky mindmapping software exports OPML and has promised import capability in their next release. It’s been months though.

iThoughts mindmapping has import/export capability via web browser on your LAN, but I haven’t tried it yet.

It might be possible to play around with the OPML export files from Brainforest and try to get Evernote to import them, but Evernote doesn’t have many of the features of a good outliner. You can export the Brainforest tree as a text file, and the data shows, but not as checkable ToDo items

03/02/09 @ 11:13
Comment from:

Thank you for your comment. I should point out that iBlueSky is one of the earliest mindmapping apps for the iPhone, not one of the latest. Since I wrote the original post in 2008 November, many more mindmapping apps have been added to the App Store, including:

• Simple Mind
  • MindMeister (the official app of the SaaS MindMeister)
  • ThinkingMap
  • iThoughts
  • MindNode
  • MindJet (the makers of MindManager on the Mac and Windows)
  • Buzan iMindMap (coming soon per their web site, and maker of iMindMap for Mac, Windows and Linux)
01/30/10 @ 00:20
July 2016
Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat Sun
 << <   > >>
        1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31

This Web Log (Blog) is intended as a discussion of the business processes, life choices, management challenges, wireless networks, mobile devices, collaboration software, social networks and technical issues facing organizations and individuals: distributed workgroups, digital lifestyle aggregation, telecommuting, road warrior and all ways in which you can live the TeleInterActive Lifestyle™. It is a service of InterActive Systems & Consulting, Inc.

InterActive Systems & Consulting, Inc. (IASC) performs research in the areas of data analytics, collaboration and remote access.

InterASC Professional Services, a service mark of IASC, provides strategic consulting and project management for data warehousing, business intelligence and collaboration projects using proprietary and open source solutions. We formulate vendor-independent strategies and solutions for information management in an increasingly complex and distributed business environment, allowing secure data analysis and collaboration that provides enterprise information in the most valuable form to the right person, whenever and wherever needed.

TeleInterActive Networks, a service mark of IASC, hosts open source applications for small and medium enterprises including CMS, blogs, wikis, database applications, portals and mobile access. We provide the tools for SME to put their customer at the center of their business, and leverage information management in a way previously reserved for larger organizations.

37.540686772871 -122.516149406889

Search

XML Feeds

mindmaps

Our current thinking on sensor analytics ecosystems (SAE) bringing together critical solution spaces best addressed by Internet of Things (IoT) and advances in Data Management and Analytics (DMA) is here.